Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Tradition: The Grocery List. [The Grocery List]

Ed. Note: This is a post category I'm trying to start, as a form of public disclosure, listing items I bought at the grocery store, available publicly for your reference or critique.


Alright, since this is the first one of these, I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do it all the time. I'll likely scan my lists, but for now, I'll list the items.

I think this is an okay start:

  • A green pepper & a yellow pepper
  • Sliced baby bella mushrooms (I'm lazy, sue me)
  • 6  apples 
  • Dozen eggs
  • An onion
  • A tomato
  • 1/2 Gallon Fat-Free Milk
  • Crumbled Feta cheese
  • Boatland Farms Strawberry / Banana Juice
  • Celery Sticks
  • Asparagus
  • A Cucumber
  • Garlic
My Plan
  • Apples for Snacks
  • Tonight: Orzo (package some up for lunch tomorrow with an apple, celery sticks, & sliced pepper to snack on throughout the day)
  • Tomorrow morning: Eggs and leftover tomato & onion with garlic
  • Tomorrow evening: Asparagus and mushrooms with chicken & garlic (with planned leftovers for lunch)
  • Glass of milk each morning

This is mainly my "keeping me honest" thing, but your thoughts & suggestions are always welcome in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. you should use your crock pot! planning and actually buying ingredients instead of pre-made stuff is definitely the key, but you can really make your life just as easy as pre-made and much healthier. in an hour of grocery shopping and 2.5 hours of cooking this weekend I basically got all my cooking for the next 2.5 weeks. some of it is in the fridge for this week, and some is in the freezer ready to either be put in an oven or crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that I think about it, I have a TON of recipes that are fast, simple, make good leftovers, and freeze well. you should also check out some blogs that people have for freezer meals! I'll type up some of my recipes for you, though.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy, folks.