Monday, December 19, 2011

How To: Insert Group Name Text into a Crystal Reports 2008 Section [Field Notes]

Problem
I accidentally deleted the group name text from a section of my Crystal Report in Crystal Reports 2008, and now I would like to re-insert the text.

Solution
This is embarrassingly simple, and yet I found it to be surprisingly counter-intuitive. Maybe it's just me..

In the Field Explorer section, expand the "Group Name Fields" section and drag the name onto the report.


It's not under insert, not as a menu shortcut, etc. -- as far as I can tell, the only place to drag a Group Name field from is there.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article!!! you made it very simple and understandable, thanks for sharing with us. Check out this articles too its also explained very well about Group name field in crystal report.....
    http://www.mindstick.com/Articles/a2007ba0-3c74-49b7-9152-3373c18f9e1f/?Group%20Name%20Field%20in%20Crystal%20Report

    http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/155732/I-need-to-use-Group-name-Field-In-my-Crystal-repor

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy, folks.